Don't you just LOVE sea glass? Beautiful. Colorful. Touched by the ocean.
If so, join in on the Suffolk County Sea Glass Festival - an incredible new community event occurring on Sunday, August 7 (from 11-4pm).
Come explore and celebrate the world of sea glass in this first-time event on Long Island!
The museum is hosting activities for all ages throughout the day.
- Discover the history of sea glass
- Bring your sea glass for expert identification with Mary McCarthy, Executive Director of The Beachcombing Center
- Shard of the Year contest - present your favorite piece for display!
- Explore the history of antique bottles with expert George Fisher
- Bring your antique & vintage glass bottles for appraisal with the Long Island Antique Bottle Association
- Create sea glass jewelry in our workshop
- See current glass art from local glass artists and vendors
- Kids enjoy a glass-themed scavenger hunt
- Listen to sea shanties performed by The Royal Yard
- View the museum's exhibitions about Long Island history
- Grab a bite from The Big Black Food Truck
Event admission is $10 (Age 3 & under are free) | Members $8. All event activities included, except for optional pendant workshop.
Optional Sea Glass Pendant Workshop is $7 | Members $5
Learn More: https://www.cshwhalingmuseum.org/seaglass.html
Learn More on Instagram
Disclaimer: Information is harvested (at time of publication) from publicly available sources and is deemed reliable but not guaranteed – any editorial content is solely opinion-based – availability, prices, details, and etc are subject to change or withdrawal at any time and for any reason. All dimensions are approximate and have not been verified. All data should be independently verified.