Camp W is an 8-week day camp located in Melville, NY and offer programs for children Pre-Kindergarten through 9th grade.
Campers will enjoy exciting camp activities including athletics, swimming, creative arts, computers, rocketry, game room, and so much more. They also offer early / late care.
Click Play to see a little of what Camp W has to offer:
About Camp W
Camp W, “Where Friendships Are Made,” has created an atmosphere where your child builds confidence and self-esteem in an exciting and nurturing environment. Their small camper to staff ratio allows them to really get to know your child.
The unique summer camp program at Camp W is specifically designed to meet the needs of each camper. Their age appropriate programs give them the opportunity to provide each camper with a safe, fun and rewarding experience. They offer a wide range of activities that are designed to fit the needs of campers of all ages and skill levels under the supervision of their experienced, caring counselors.
Sports, arts & crafts, music, camp shows, and special events will provide a fun-filled day for every member of the Camp W family. Camp W offers every child the chance to pursue their interests and passions. They provide the staff needed to help campers develop skills and friendships that will last a lifetime.
A variety of traditional and unique activities are offered at Camp W -- all taught by skilled counselors and specialists. Special events and entertainment are brought to camp each week. Their athletic, creative arts and specialty programs provide their campers with new and exciting experiences. They also feature a daily swim program that is taught by American Red Cross Certified instructors.
Our camp size enables us to be a true “camp family" -- everyone knows each other by name. Our maximum capacity is 375 campers, whereas other camps are two to three times that. We are large enough to create constant action and energy, yet intimate enough to provide true attention and personal connections.
KIDDIE CAMP (Pre K – 1st Grade)
Camp W's Kiddie Camp division is comprised of children entering Pre-K ( 3 and 4 year olds), Kindergarten and 1st grade.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade have the option of participating in our instructional swim program. Every day for 40 minutes campers get lessons from certified Red Cross instructors. Swim groups average 5 campers per group.
- Snack is provided twice a day for Kiddie Camp ( 10:30am and 1:50pm)
- Each small group has a counselor and at least one assistant counselor
- 3 professional camp shows a week. ( juggler, magic comedy etc.)
- Jr soccer field, jr kickball field, jr volleyball court, sandbox area and Kiddle Land
- Groups have a locker room that is air conditioned and a private bathroom
- Schedule consists of athletics, creative arts and other unique activities
MIDDLE CAMP (2nd – 4th Grade)
Middle Camp: Campers entering 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade
- Each camper has the option of participating in our instructional swim program.
- Campers get to choose two activities in the afternoon. Every two weeks they choose new activities.
- Each group has one counselor and at least one assistant counselor.
- Campers in Middle Camp are invited to one Late Night at camp.
Schedule includes athletics, creative arts and other unique activities such as Camp Lounge and Game Room
UPPER CAMP (5th – 8th Grade)
Upper Camp division are campers entering 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
- Campers choose three activities in the afternoon. Every two weeks they have choose new activities
- Senior campers go on trips every Wednesday
- Upper Camp division has one sleepover at camp
- Each group has one counselor and at least one assistant counselor
- (each group averages 15 campers)
- Senior campers have priority for our C.I.T program
- Campers have the option to participate in our instructional swim program
The C.I.T program is brand new for the 2019 Summer Season. This program is open to children who are entering 9th grade, as of September 2019. Children will work as Counselors in Training during the morning, and transition into a camper in the afternoon. Participants will be assigned to a group or activity for the morning session. After lunch the C.I.T’s will participate in choice periods, special events and all Senior Trips. There will be a meeting in June that C.I.T’s are required to attend with their parents. This meeting is to discuss their responsibilities and all aspects of the C.I.T program.
To be in the C.I.T program:
- All applicants must be either a former Camp W camper, or have a sibling currently attending Camp W.
- Must be entering 9th grade (as of Sept 2019)
- Must attend Mandatory training meeting on Sunday June 2nd 2:00 pm with their parents.
- There is no transportation for this program unless you have a sibling attending camp.
- There is a flat fee of $1,500.00 for this program, regardless of weeks attending. (includes 5 shirts, trips, snack, backpacks)
- There are NO REFUNDS if your child is removed from the program.
- Completion of the C.I.T program does not guarantee a job the following summer. (It will certainly help)
- You must truly enjoy working with children and have an outgoing, friendly personality with a ton of energy.
- All Camp Policies apply to Counselors in Training.
- A paper Registration form must be completed to apply for this program.
Early Care & Late Care Program
At Camp W, they understand the needs of working parents and want to ease their time concerns. They are pleased to offer early care beginning at 7:30 am and late care until 6:00 pm for your children at a cost of $35/ week! Their drop off and pick up procedures are very secure to ensure your child’s safety. Please be aware that transportation is not offered for early care and late care.
Campers will have three well-supervised activity options to choose from: sports, game room, and arts & crafts!!
Name: Camp W
Camp Location*: Birchwood Intermediate School, 121 Wolf Hill Rd. Melville, NY 11747.
*Camp W is not affiliated with South Huntington Union Free School District.